- Gold J. Reflections of a member of the Bicentennial Class on the Bicentennial Symposium. Yale J Biol Med. 2011, June; 84(2): 145-147.
- Gold JA & Gold MS. Exercise for the Overweight and Obese. Current Pharmaceutical Design. 2011; 17(23): 1193-7.
- Avena NM, Gold JA, Kroll C, & Gold MS. Further Developments in the Neurobiology of Food and Addiction: Update on the State of the Science. Nutrition. 2012; 28:341-343.
- Puhl RM, Gold JA, Luedicke J, DePierre JA. The effect of physicians’ body weight on patient attitudes: Implications for physician selection, trust and adherence to medical advice. International Journal of Obesity. 2013 Mar; 1-7.
a. Covered in General Audience Press: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/01/when-the-doctor-is-overweight/?smid=tw-nytimes.
- Gold, JA. Alligator hands. Ann Int Med. 2013 Oct 1; 159(7).
- Alcon A, Gold JA, Hansen C, Chatterjee A. Clavicular osteomyelitis: A case report and review of the literature. Journal of Pediatric Infectious Diseases. 2013; 8(4):183-186.
- Gold JA, Grill M, Peterson J, Pilcher C, Lee E, Hecht FM, Fuchs D, Yiannoutsos CT, Price RW, Robertson K, Spudich S. Longitudinal characterization of depression and mood states beginning in primary HIV infection. AIDS Behav. 2014, June. 18(6): 1124-32.
- Gold JA, Barg FK, Margo KM. Undergraduate students’ perspectives on primary care. Journal of Primary Care and Community Health. 2014, May 18.
- Gold JA, Johnson B, Leydon G, Rohrbaugh RM, Wilkins KW. Mental health self care in medical students: A comprehensive look at help seeking. Acad Psych. 2015, Feb. 39(1):37-46.
- Gold JA, Bandstra BS, DeGolia SG. Early Outpatient Experience for Psychiatry Interns: The Evaluation Clinic. Acad Psych. 2016 Dec;40(6):944-946.
- Gold JA, Sher Y, Maldonado M. Frontal Lobe Epilepsy: A Primer for Psychiatrists and Systematic Review of Psychiatric Manifestations. Psychosomatics. 2016 Sep-Oct;57(5):445-64.
- Gold JA, The Checkered Divide. Acad Psych. 2016 Dec;40(6):956-957.
- Gold JA, Hu X, Trockel M, Huang G, Wanzhen L, Wu Y, Gao S, Zhening L, Rohrbaugh RM, Wilkins KM. Medical Student Depression and Burnout across Three International Medical Schools. Under Review.
- Gold JA, Bonnet KA, Franciscus AM, Bentzley JP, Denduluri MS, Zappert LT, The Impact of a Support Group Intervention for Women in STEM. Under Review.
- Morris NP, Johansen SL, May ML, Gold JA. Media-Related Education in Psychiatry Residency Programs. Under Review
Special Materials (editorials, book reviews, letters to the editor, epitomes)
- Gold JA, Frost- Pineda K & Gold MS. A Brief History of Cocaine by Stephen B. Karch- Book and Media Reviews. JAMA. 2006, June; 295: 2665-2666
- Wong KR & Gold JA. Letter to the Editor: Shadowing Physicians. JAMA. 2011, June; 305 (24): 2414-2415.
- Gold JA & Wong KR. Letter to the Editor: Shortening Medical Education. JAMA. 2012, July; 308 (2): 134-135
- Gold, JA, Tietelbaum, KA, and Gold MS. Chapter 4: “Food Addiction:Sugar High” in The Behavioral Addictions Ascher, MS, & Levounis, P. American Psychiatric Publishing: APA. Washington, DC. 2015
- Gold, JA. “Burnout” in The Handbook of Personal Health and Wellbeing for Physicians and Trainees. Roberts, LW, & Trockel, M. Springer Publishing. In Progress
- Gold, JA and Benztley, J.”Non-Psychotherapy Techniques” in Supervision in Psychiatric Practice: Practical Approaches Across Venues and Providers. Degolia, SG & Corcoran, K. American Psychiatric Association Publishing. In Progress
Papers and Posters Presented at Meetings
- Rodriguez L, Gold J, Watson RT, Frost-Pineda K, Gold MS. (2005). Second hand smoke (SHS): Health professional students competency and intent to screen. Presented at the 2005 36th Annual ASAM Medical Scientific Conference in Dallas, TX.
Smith TV, Barnett TE, Gold J. (2009) Smoking as a Mechanism for Weight Loss among Female Adolescents. Presented at the 2009 Graduate Student Council Interdisciplinary Research Conference, Gainesville, FL.
- Smith TV, Barnett TE, Gold J. (2009) Risky Behaviors among Young Women. Presented at the 2009 22nd Annual PHHP Research Fair, Gainesville, FL.
- Smith TV, Barnett TE, King-Marshall E, Gold J. (2010) Social smoking phenomena: Reports of increasing tobacco behaviors among females transitioning to adulthood. Presented at the Annual American Public Health Association Meeting, Denver, CO.
- King-Marshall E, Barnett TE, Smith TV, Gold J. (2010) Defining Sexual Activity in Young Women. Presented at the 2010 Graduate Student Council Interdisciplinary Research Conference, Gainesville, FL.
- Smith TV, Barnett TE., King-Marshall E, Gold J. (2010) Risky Behaviors in Young Women – One Year Follow-Up. Presented at the 2010 Graduate Student Council Interdisciplinary Research Conference, Gainesville, FL.
- King-Marshall E, Barnett TE, Smith TV, Gold J. (2010) Defining Sexual Activity among young adult females during transition from high school to early adulthood: The need for continued sex discussion with parents. Presented at the American Public Health Association Meeting, Denver, CO.
- Gold JA, Peterson J, Lee E, Fuchs D, Price RW, Yiannoutsos CT., Robertson K, & Spudich S. (2012). Depression and Mood States and Correlations with Biomarkers of Central Nervous System Disease in Primary HIV Infection. Presented at the 2012 American Academy of Neurology Meeting in New Orleans, LA.
- Gold JA, Puhl RM, Luedicke J, & DePierre JA. The Effect of Physicians’ Body Weight on Patient Attitudes: Implications for Physician Selection, Physician Trust, and Medical Advice. (2013). Presented at 166th Annual APA Meeting in San Francisco, CA.
- Gold JA, Puhl RM, Luedicke J, & DePierre JA. The Effect of Physicians’ Body Weight on Patient Attitudes: Implications for Physician Selection, Physician Trust, and Medical Advice. (2013, October). Presented at Institute of Psychiatric Services Meeting in Philadelphia, PA.
- Gold JA, Grill M, Peterson J, Pilcher C, Lee E, Hecht FM, Fuchs D, Yiannoutsos CT, Price RW, Robertson K, Spudich S. (2014, May). Longitudinal characterization of depression and mood states beginning in primary HIV infection. Presented at Student Research Day, Yale School of Medicine, in New Haven, CT.
- Palmadottir, V, Gold JA, Vora N, & Kilbane, C. Sub-acute Rapidly Progressive Cerebellar-Ataxia- A Case of JC Virus Associated Granule Cell Neuronopathy (GCN). (2016). Accepted to the International Movement Disorders Society Congress Conference in Berlin, Germany.
- Aggarwal A, Campos L, Gold JA, et al. Improved Patient Satisfaction with Housestaff: Patient Familiarity with Daily Care Plans and Inpatient Care Team: A Mixed Methods Study. (2016). Resident/Fellow Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Symposium, Stanford University, in Palo Alto, CA.
- Garcia R, Gold JA, Franciscus A, & Maldonado J. A Tale of Two Roommates: Case Comparison of Alcohol Withdrawal Using Benzodiazepine-Sparing Protocol. (2016, November). Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine Conference in Austin, TX.
- Gold JA, Bentzley JK, Forte C, Franciscus AM, DeGolia SG. Medical Student Reflection Groups: Educating Residents as Support Group Co-Leaders and Helping Build Resilience in our Medical Community. (13 May 2017). Stanford Innovations in Medical Education Conference II in Stanford, CA.
- Bentzley JP, Gold JA, Raj K, Sanborn K, DeGolia S. (2018 June). Resident physicians’ opinions on challenges and interdisciplinary communication during psychiatric behavioral emergencies. Poster session presented at the Annual Stanford Innovations in Medical Education Conference (SIMEC III), Stanford, CA.
- Bentzley JP, Gold JA, Raj K, Sanborn K, DeGolia S. (2018 September). Communication during psychiatric behavioral emergencies: Nurses and resident-physicians’ experiences and opinions. Poster session to be presented at the Academic Psychiatry Annual Meeting, Milwaukee, WI.
- May M, Gold JA, Johansen SL, Morris NP. (2018, September) Media Literacy Education in Psychiatry Residency Programs: A National Survey. Poster session to be presented at the Academic Psychiatry Annual Meeting, Milwaukee, WI.
- Co-Chair. Media Matters: Communication Essentials for Patient Advocacy. Participants: Kidd JD, Gold JA, Beresin EV, Brendel RW, Holmes L. APA Annual Meeting. 7 May 2018.
- Co-Chair. Media Literacy Is the New Black. Participants: Gold JA, Robinson DM, Skimming K, Pientka LJ, Smalls-Mantey A, Riddle MC, Langley-Degroot MH, Khandai AC, Hu R, Dix E. APA Annual Meeting. 8 May 2018.
- 2014 “Moral Chameleon: Hierarchy, Power Structure, and Voice in Medicine.” FASPE Reunion. New York, New York. P.48 for paper
- 2016 “A Coin Flip”. I Don’t Know. Uncertainty in Medicine. Pegasus Physicians, Stanford University.